At the beginning of class, we’ll take a look at each student’s collection of banner ads and solicit feedback.
Types of Web-Based Marketing
- Website—✓ DONE
- Banner ads—✓ DONE
- Mobile app or website
- HTML email
- HTML newsletter
- Facebook fan page/Twitter profile page
- Landing page: pages which visitors are referred to via advertising, and which feature special promotions and further direct visitors
- Blog theme
- Collection of site icons: favicon, arrows, buttons, calls-to-action, commenting, rating, etc. (design your own)
Planning Through Execution
I recommend these 10 steps in designing your marketing collateral:
- Review your client’s brand message, goals, and graphic standards manual.
- Select the two additional pieces you’d like to design.
- Decide on a specific audience and goals for each piece. Also determine how the item will be distributed/experienced.
- Research how to correctly format the file for each item.
- Collect/create images and copy for the item.
- Create some quick sketches on paper for the general layouts for each item.
- Design the items.
- Get feedback for further revision, from your client, fellow classmates, friends, etc.
- Save for final distribution. For example, if it is a Flash file, publish it as the SWF.