In your course you will be assigned to make several blog posts.
Setting Up Your Blog
- Register for a site here or click the Register link in the sidebar of the Class Blogs home page.
- Your User Name must be your first and last names in lower case with no space, like this: dawnpedersen.
- Enter an Email Address that you can access from where you are when registering. You will need to click an activation link to proceed.
- Select Gimme a site! so that you are creating your blog, not simply registering as a user.
- Click Next.
- Complete the sign up process.
- Select a url (Site Name) for your site by writing your first and last names in lowercase with no spaces (again).
- Create a Site Title that includes your first and last names. This can be written normally.
- Click Signup.
- Find the email from this website. Click on the activation link.
- You will get another confirmation page, this time with your temporary password shown. Click the Log in link.
- Enter your username and temporary password in the login screen. Click Log In.
- In the WordPress Dashboard, hover over Users and click on Your Profile when it appears.
- Make adjustments to your name and change your password to something you will remember. Click Update Profile.
- In the black bar at top, hover over the house icon and select Visit Site.
- View the front end of your class blog.