Specifications for Midterm Project
ZIP up your final project site folder (work-in-progress) and upload it for grading.
You must code this site yourself. No use of templates or other form of pre-built code allowed. You may use small snippets of code from class tutorials to get you started, but the final site must not resemble any of the tutorials.
- All text content is original and in your own writing. There is no "dummy"/"greeking" text. Spelling and grammar are immaculate. The text is large enough to read and contrasts strongly with the background color.
- The images have not been distorted, disproportioned, or resized in the browser. There are no broken images.
There is an index.html file for the home page, a styles.css file for the stylesheet, and an images folder for images.
Your style has the following characteristics:
- All of your CSS styles are located in the styles.css file.
- There are at least 3 CSS rules in the stylesheet.
- There is no CSS used internally or inline in the HTML page(s).
- The stylesheet passes validation: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
Your home page has the following elements:
- the file name is index.html
- an appropriate page title
- a link to the external CSS file
- a header created with an H1 element
- a paragraph of text created with a P element
- a unified color palette
- at least one image displayed via HTML or CSS
- a menu of future/existing pages, with links in place to go to the pages you specified in your site map
- the home page passes HTML validation: http://validator.w3.org
Upload the following by midnight of our Week 5 class meeting: